Re: WebDAV, the DG, Dreamweaver, Golive

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:2/10/1999; 3:09:59 PM
Topic:WebDAV, the DG, Dreamweaver, Golive

Andrew,

I sparked this thread yesterday on the Script Meridian community list. Here's the message I sent...

Hello Everyone,

I'm just starting to learn Dreamweaver, to see how it can be integrated into Frontier.

I need to know how Dreamweaver works as compared to how Frontier works, for template-based websites and team development. Unfortunately I don't have a team to work with or a sample site to work on (nor time to get either).

I just watched the Dreamweaver Templates movie that comes with DW2, and it looked very good. I didn't know that DW could update a whole site to use a new template. That's pretty good.

What I'm looking for, is someone who uses or knows DW2 to answer the following questions:

- What does Frontier do that Dreamweaver doesn't? (State the obvious too, please!!!)

- What does Dreamweaver do that Frontier doesn't? (Remember, I'm a DW2 newbie)

- How do/can they complement each other?

- If a team is using DW2 already, what would they gain by adding a Frontier CMS?

- If a team is going to use DW2, but hasn't started yet, what things can/should that team do differently than is "normal DW2 practice" to take advantage of having a CMS and make the integration less problematic?

- What DW suites are available for Frontier, and what do they currently do? Any Frontier extensions for DW?

Any and all advice and knowledge transfer is VERY GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Jim Roepcke