Re: XML for weblogs

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:2/12/1999; 3:04:42 PM
Topic:XML for weblogs

There's no way any XML-browser can see that URL as clickable, is there?

I don't know. I didn't design the DTD. How would an XML browser determine what is and isn't clickable? I'm not even sure why you'd look at the XML in some kind of browser; browsers can use the HTML version. I tend to think of it as being useful for scripts.

If I was designing a weblog DTD from scratch, I might be influenced by the W3C's recent Voyager proposal for embedding HTML in XML.