A WebLog Markup Language

Author:Niel Bornstein
Posted:2/13/1999; 9:19:17 AM
Topic:XML for weblogs

For those that are interested, we at the casbah Project (mostly Kendall Clark) considered the weblog markup language issue a few weeks or months ago, and came up with a basic XML DTD for references that we called "refml". Kendall updated it yesterday and renamed it "Wilma". It addresses most of the weblog styles that we've seen: it is capable of handling both link-centric items, as memepool does, and issue-centric items, as Scripting News and some others do, or a combination, as Robot Wisdom tends to do. HTML markup and standard ISO and Latin entities are available within the Wilma markup as well.

You can read all about Wilma at http://ntlug.org/casbah/CML/Wilma.