Re: scriptingNews outline for 2/15/99

Author:Dave Winer

1. I don't propogate the outline. All the various places that depend on the outline call an access routine that knows how to find it. It's very simple on the inside. I plan to release my news.root database so you can make your own, compatible, news sites, but you get full control over how its rendered.

2. I don't use the glossary, at least not now. I haven't used the glossary for the Scripting News home page for over a year. All links are hard-coded. It may become possible to use the glossary, but we still serve content from two different machines, and they're not automatically synchronized. For global things like the glossary, we need to have a way to move them invisibly between a set of machines. We don't have that yet, but we will.