Re: Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

Author:Brian V. Hughes
Posted:2/17/1999; 6:27:15 AM
Topic:Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

For W*API servers, including WebSTAR, you can run the Nirvana Filter plugin.

This plugin causes all requests to get sent to Frontier. This is the same way Nirvana runs behind IIS, by getting all requests.

Brent, looks like exactly the thing I was thinking about. Thanks! I assume the plug-in doesn't touch RPC2 requests (I haven't had the chance to test it ;)? What about .fcgi requests?

Also, it would be great if I could get some help (not necessarily from you or UserLand) on figuring out how to use the wsapi_readhttpdata verb that would allow for the removal of the 32k limit. It looks like it's a straightforward call, only 2 parameters, but there's no indication of where or when the call should be made. Does it happen in the sdoc trap, or in the action script? Anyone know for sure?

I'm happy to do the legwork, since I really, REALLY want this but I don't know where to begin. Thanks.