Re: Dictionary on the Control Panel

Author:David Brown
Posted:2/18/1999; 10:45:44 AM
Topic:RPC-based previewing

At first I was going to use dictionary.com, but they have a weasel that sniffs out my HTTP requests and returns the definitions it has for the word "nothing". I tried and tried to work around them, and then I noticed that they were using WordNet, so I changed it to work with the princeton.edu site and they have no weasel, so goodbye dictionary.com. Too bad, I was going to promote their service.

Does this mean that you've been individually targeted, or does that mean that dictionary.com doesn't like automated use of their resource?