Re: Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

Author:Clay Hughes
Posted:2/18/1999; 11:25:15 AM
Topic:Has anyone gotten nirvana running behind WebSTAR (I'm Close)

I can see why some people would want to run Frontier behind WebSTAR. I do! We have a secure site using cookies. With all requests being passed through WebSTAR to Frontier, the cookie data is checked (along with user authentication) in user.webserver.preFilter and user.webserver.postFilter, and this works for static pages as well as dynamic objects rendered out of guest databases. It is simple enough to have graphics and binary objects on another server to lighten the load on WebSTAR/Frontier.

Brent, I hope Userland decides to keep this plug-in because some people will want to use it.