Re: GoLive 4 and Frontier

Author:Michael Zajac
Posted:2/23/1999; 11:43:30 AM
Topic:GoLive 4 and Frontier

Is there any info available about using GoLive as a template editor for Frontier? I found a screenshot in the ContentServer docs, but nothing else.

I suppose one would have to edit GoLive's web database so it wouldn't mess with #directives and {macros()}.

The screenshot seems to have #directives encapsulated in HTML comment; I guess this could be fixed at render time with a firstfilter.

I love GoLive's approach to editing both layout and source, but moving templates manually into the odb is time-consuming. I'd like to see Frontier streamline the visual template-editing process as it's done for page-writing.

PS: I guess the energy now is going into XML-RPC implementations. This is totally the way to go, but I'm hoping that I can get AppleEvents working for me in the very near future.