Re: MTTF messages and HTML

Author:David Shinpaugh
Posted:2/23/1999; 2:47:28 PM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

There is another problem...

The XML-RPC interface docs on userland.com state I can't include the character < in a string type member! = should be on the list too BTW!

So how can I put HTML in an XML Request member??

Here's what happened when I experimented anyway:

As a baseline here's what the HTML version of MTTF can do when putting HTML tags in the body of a message:

1) You can type in tags like this and they store fine. You can view your message and it will appear with the tags in the body.

2) You can type in tags and they store/view fine too.

Of course the mail client doesn't interpret cause the HTML version of MTTF isn't setting mimeType to text/html

Now this is what happens when putting HTML in the message body of a msgStruct using MTTF XML-RPC calls:

--- Without data type qualifiers in the msgStruct

1) tags like this make it through the XML-RPC routine, but when viewed with the HTML version of MTTF the tags are STRIPPED!

2) tags blow up the XML-RPC routine with a fault code of 6 and fault string of "poorly formed xml text, string constant is improperly formatted (at character #357)

This character refers to random places in the XML request after the body member. Probably because it goes to lunch somewhere around the "=" sign.

--- With data type qualifiers in the msgStruct 1) tags like this make it through the XML-RPC routine, but when viewed with the HTML version of MTTF the message body says "table - 1 item"!

2) declartion... blows up the XML-RPC routine with a fault code of 6 and fault string of "poorly formed xml text, string constant is improperly formatted (at character #357)

The results are strange, and shouldn't really yield these different results.

But the real question is still How do we upload HTML via XML-RPC? Maybe a data type is needed?

David