Blue Mountain Arts and spam filtering

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:2/23/1999; 2:08:39 PM
Topic:Blue Mountain Arts and spam filtering

I'm the last person to jump to Microsoft's defense, and as a matter of fact outbound messages from my domain (flutterby.com) have the same flaw that Blue Mountain Arts headers have (if I'm guessing at Outlook Express's filtering scheme correctly), but even I check for similar conditions with procmail filters. Are they going to sue every Un*x geek on the planet too? So far as I know most corporate sysadmins have set up something which puts a human in the loop the first few times these conditions are met for a given domain.

If Blue Mountain Arts wants an easy solution to the problem, how about just changing the "Reply-To:" field and setting the "From" field to a temporary forwarding address that's created with the greeting card and exists as long as the greeting card does just in case?

This isn't rocket science.