Re: Pentium III-only sites

Author:Wesley Felter

Is there any reason a good PPC G3 or G4 couldn't do the trick?

Yeah; Apple isn't paying the software companies that make browser plug-ins. Intel funded the development of most of the Pentium III-optimized applications out there, as well as all these Pentium III only Web sites.

I'm inclined to let them go ahead and do it. So what if I can't use some Web site? If it's that great, content producers would be foolish to restrict their sites (Intel's ad money can't last forever). And if the site is only a gimmick (which I predict many of them will be), then I'm happy to not have access to it.