Re: The technographer's net connection

Author:Colin Sampaleanu
Posted:3/4/1999; 9:05:26 AM
Topic:ADSL

I haven't actually had time to try it yet, but it looks like WebEx.com is doing doing fairly interesting stuff, as far as collaborating over a web link, including shared web surfing, and shared document review.

http://webex.com/WebEx/Site/index.asp

Until I try it I don't know how their stuff performs, but I do think that until everybody has a lot more speed, the successful solutions where a lot of data is transferred are going to require an efficient transport protocol (they apparently have a custom protocol on top of http (so they can go through firewalls).