ADSL

Author:Bernie DeKoven
Posted:3/2/1999; 3:02:34 PM
Topic:ADSL

As I continue in my stalwart explorations of technography-on-line, I begin to contemplate connectivity, thinking that perhaps if I had a faster connection than that afforded to me by my 56K modem, then perhaps I could significantly increase the responsiveness at the viewer's end. I've been looking at DSL services provided by my local carrier (it's GTE here) and am wondering what speed is sufficient. The cheapest package available to me will give me a speed of 256 Kbps Downstream, and 64 up. Frankly, I'm not even sure what that means.

Yours for broader bands...

BDK