Re: PIM's and GUI's

Author:Michael Rose
Posted:3/5/1999; 6:37:38 AM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

I wasn't going to go as far as the OS, but yes, this is the same direction. The point is that the functionality we want isn't simply that of a PIM or traditional paper organizer, but rather that the (flexible and redesigned) GUI of the PIM can be the interface to the much deeper functionality of apps like Frontier.

So the market isn't so much that of a traditional organizer at $99, but rather that of a 'Personal Productivity Suite' (as opposed to MS's 'Corporate Productivity Suite' at $500)

I tried diddling with making a glue file for the new Palm Desktop to experiment with hacking something together, but it will have to wait for several rainy weekends.