How much would it be worth...

Author:Daniel Bushman
Posted:3/5/1999; 2:17:21 PM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

How much would it be worth to you to get ten percent more results for your time? The people who use organizers are lawyers, doctors, professors, managers, people who are well-paid for their time. The assumption that the top of this category is $99 is another thing that keeps entrepreneurs out of the market. My beer-drinking friend is an ad guy. If he gets to keep a client because his team is more creative and better organized, is that worth $500 per year per user? If not, he should stick with word processors and spreadsheets as creative organizing tools.

Hollywood professionals pay $15,000 to $40,000 for 3D visualization/animation software such as Maya, Alias, etc. Software that only runs on very expensive SGI machines. $15,000 for software! There is an obvious reason why they will pay so much. But it does seem like a product that helps other high paid professionals do their jobs in ways they otherwise couldn't would be worth $500-$1000 per year. Maya costs $1,500/year to keep a current licence after you pay the $15,000 for it.

I may be wrong on some of my numbers here, but the idea is that there is a huge difference between $500 and $15,000, and not nessisarily a huge differnce in income of the professionals of the two categories.