Re: Outliners, Open Source, and common interfaces

Author:Rees Midgley
Posted:3/5/1999; 11:20:10 PM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

The major item I find missing from the Word and Frontier outliners, is the ability to include and collapse text paragraphs (ideally formatted) within an outline that provides the headers. Dave has suggested that it will be possible to wrap lines in an outline. This will be a big help, but still does not provide a simple way to distinguish headers from formatted text - which ideally could be indented under the containing header or optionally exdented. An outliner that offered paragraphs as included objects would greatly facilitate my ability to organize ideas and improve my writing.