Frontier-friendly runtime

Author:Eric Kidd

A while ago I offered to work with people on Linux to define a runtime environment that would be friendly to Frontier-managed websites. I still think this is the best way to go. I'd also like to work with Microsoft to get Windows really working well with Linux. I'd rather not learn a new OS, or port all that C code to run on another OS.

Interesting. What would this environment look like? WebDAV? XML-RPC handlers? Integration between Frontier and Zope servers? Some sort of portable plug-in API so Frontier can hook up to Apache? Something shipped out-of-the-box by RedHat, the way they do mod_perl and mod_php3?

Talk to us. We're listening.

I can't write the Linux side of this (my boss pays me to work on e-mail servers, not web servers), but maybe I could point you towards the right people.