Re: Linux and winning

Author:Oliver Wrede

Could you tell us a little about yourself?

Hm. Why not.

I am a Designer (with a view upon technical implications). I am working with other designers on "information design" (which is just a new buzzword if you want). I used to program the projects I did, but since I focus on the design I have to hire other people for the programming or work together with people already in place. But only sometimes I still program stuff on my own. We do a lot of "corporate design" and designing websites and doing multimedia is just a part of that.

I have a couple of years of experience in this. I do research in telecooperation and interface design both theoretically and practically. Sometimes I am giving lectures and courses about this topic (maybe more often in future). In my work am dealing a lot with practical implications of corporate design.

While this is my interest in terms of website projects, I am very much interested in Frontier as a prototype for personal knowledge management. I like the discussion about Technography very much. I'd love to experiment with Frontier and to do experimental projects with design students on that. I am interested in not just "improve" a meeting, but also how to interface with other aspects of communication (like corporate design and "corporate memory"; see an abstract on that by Jeff Conklin here). Again Frontier seems to me a good tool to do experiments here, because it is also easy to share scripts&content with other people (who do not have to run a database or a local webserver - just Frontier).

I am right before teaching some doctors at the local university about Frontier - they have to manage a lot of texts while they cooperate them permanently (they even seem to have a lot of problems whith their current tools). (I showed Frontier to one of them, and he was very enthusiastic.)

Oliver