Re: Sorting table items?

Author:Philippe Martin
Posted:3/10/1999; 5:16:52 PM
Topic:Sorting table items?

I created a script, which traverses the table structure of a website to create a navigation bar. It uses the #title definition in an index wptext in each subtable for the text of each link.

I can't figure out, how to arrange the items.

The solution is to use an outline to define in which order the items must appear. Then, the script which builds the navigation bar just has to use this outline to do its job. This allows you to define the order of the items, but also to prevent some of them to be displayed in the navbar.

Look at Frontier's navbar macro, that's just what it does:

system.verbs.builtins.html.data.standardMacros.navbar

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/html/navbarMacro.html

HTH.