Outlines -- How do *you* use them?

Author:Daniel Berlinger
Posted:3/10/1999; 7:57:34 PM
Topic:Outlines -- How do *you* use them?

I would think that with all the outline users here, that there is a lot I can learn about how people use outlines to organize work, projects, etc.

The new (reborn?) wrapping headlines are great, but I can't say that I feel entirely comfortable writing in an outline. I haven't done that in a long time. I usually organize my thoughts (short lines) in an outline, and then write in a text editor (I found myslef toying with formatting instead of writing in tools that allowed me to do so).

Any thoughts on how you use outlines, why you work the way you do, schemes for organization, how you use the Frontier Notepad, and the like would be great.

The impetus for this was that I have done a couple of meetings "technography style" and got OK results. I say "style" because I'm way too knew to this to make any claims about doing this correctly. Essentially all I did was use an outline and project it with some attempt at concensus. I say "OK results" because unfortuntely, I was a "part" of these meetings and felt that I didn't give them everything I could since I was being a "techretary".

Daniel