Re: Why MacOS X Server?

Author:Jon Bodner

I was under the impression that Mac OS X Server is intended to be an easily-configured server which needs virtually no additional software. I'm not surprised that no one is writing software for it, because it already ships with all of the software a server needs.

It's a stop-gap, so Apple can learn Unix and how to sell and support a decent server OS. After this trial run, Mac OS X will take over. Predicting Mac OS X Server will be off the price list in 2 years is a given; so will Mac OS 8.5.

-jon