Re: Why MacOS X Server?

Author:Lixian B. Chiu

>Apple could make an amazing leap into the Linux space, simply by > releasing the entire set >of Carbon APIs and the OpenStep interfaces as a GPL product. But it >will never happen. >They can't think that way. This product will be discontinued and >removed from Apple >price lists before the end of 2001. I'll bet anything.

You are so right, but I am not sure if it will even survive till mid-2000. I basically consider OS X server dead when they announce OS X (they are actually two very different animals). Who's going to re-engineer their products for the OS X Server if they wait a few more months, they can basically do nothing (or make some minor changes to the codes) and have their programmes running on OS X?