buttonRef macro

Author:Brian Kelly
Posted:3/12/1999; 11:42:29 AM
Topic:buttonRef macro

I'm basically posting this to see if anybody else likes it, has done their own version, or has suggestions/better answers

I added a tiny feature to the imageRef macro to handle the state of a button (on or off) and renamed it buttonRef. Here is the additional script (placed right under the DW/PBS comments):

if defined (pagetable^.["#sectionid"]) {

local (sectionid = pagetable^.["#sectionid"]);

if (imagespec == sectionid) {

imagespec = "b_" + imagespec + "_on";

glossRef = ""}

else {

imagespec = "b_" + imagespec + "_off"}}

So if the page you are rendering has a #sectionid that is equal to the imagespec then it changes it to b_imagespec_on. Otherwise it's b_imagespec_off.

So within your template (or where ever) you make calls to the buttonRef and if the image you are calling has the same name as the sectionid it uses the _on version, otherwise it uses the _off version. It also "shuts off" the glossRef (actually that's a bad idea).

-brian

PS I just switched jobs (yea!) from Tech Support to Graphic/Web Design (double yea!) and am now I on a Mac (uhm, yea...). I remember when Dave first got on Windows people gave him a bunch of tips/pointers/links. I'm looking for the same thing.

PPS Macs are cool too.