Re: Changes to system.startup.startupScript

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/12/1999; 8:48:05 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

I understand what you're asking for, but we're stepping very cautiously here. I can imagine some clever gotchas that could sneak up on you this way.

I originally didn't want any startup code in guest databases because of the control issue. That's where user.databases came from. I figured in this one very special place you could easily audit all the startup code that was running.

We're going to move slowly and let the new features burn in. When we're all more experienced I'd like to take another look at extending in this direction.