Re: Why MacOS X Server?

Author:Lea Park

"Some go ga-ga over a web server with this kind of interface"

I sure do. Not the interface to the web server but to Unix with its stability and power and from there to web server of choice, which happens to be Apache... but could be others. Frontier?

Looking at appleinsider discussion, came across this thread: "linux apps under ox x + osx server" and the question "How difficult is support for Linux apps under OS X with or without recompilation?"

One opinion:..... "In conclusion, MacOS X Server will leverage a huge chunk of the Linux software installed base, right out of the CD slip"

What's the best path for Frontier to the GUI-fying Unix world (which I see as Linux and maybe MacOS X)? Hook into Linux and reach out from there?