Re: Stock quotes from Zope in XML

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:3/15/1999; 2:27:40 PM
Topic:Zope vs. Frontier

Looks great!

I just turned on Zope's query caching, so my machine will store the results of database queries for about ten minutes. This will speed things up and make us both look good. ;-) The biggest remaining bottleneck is opening a TCP connection. Have you ever thought about "XML-RPC over HTTP Keepalive" so two servers could stay connected for minutes at a time? This would make connections to remote servers faster than local Perl CGIs.

Also, I added error-handling so Zope doesn't choke when somebody enters an unknown ticker. See the revised source code in my earlier message for details.

This is fun! Thank you for building this connection.