Re: Unix Envy

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/16/1999; 9:16:59 AM
Topic:Unix Envy

But I don't think that slight variations in GUI make much of a difference to users.

That's a very sweeping statement. Do you have an experience to back that up? What about your own experience? Have you ever used a product for a couple of years, had the UI change, even in small ways, and be bothered by it?

I'm dealing with this right now. I just started using a beta of the new Eudora Pro. They changed so many things about it, and every one of them bugs me. It's worth the pain, probably, because they added so much stuff that I know I want (the Find command works now!). But it still hurts.