Question from an ex-NeXT user

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/16/1999; 5:05:25 PM
Topic:Mac OS X Server Press Conference

Not for attribution:

But does it really do garbage collection and manage swap space? In the old days (Mach/NeXT), if you were a standalone user, printing/faxing all day long, you would eventually have to stop or re-boot the system to reclaim/reset the swap space. Maybe they killed that legacy but my big issue is with robustness. Show me the bullet-proof garbage collection and I'll start getting interested.