Who needs the workstation?

Author:Michael Zajac
Posted:3/18/1999; 10:21:09 PM
Topic:News Sites in Frontier 6

Thanks for posting News Sites in Frontier 6 a couple days ago, Dave. I've played around with the website framework for quite a while, and now you're getting me excited about digging into the docs for betty and xml.

I want to use Frontier 6 for a couple of upcoming projects, but before I can estimate costs I need to know what can be done with just a browser, and which tasks require Frontier at the workstation.

I know that I can post messages to the DG with just a browser, but I need Frontier to edit outlines and add items to the news page.

How about editing a page in the website framework, or adding a new page? This is a task that everyone in an organization should be able to do, but we can't afford to buy that many copies of Frontier.

Does the console work at all without a copy of Frontier present?

Can non-sysops designate the #alsoListedIn directive, e.g. to add their posting to their home page, or to a project page?