Re: The Cathedral and the Bizaar

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:3/19/1999; 6:30:47 PM
Topic:QNX

My main dislike of Free/Open Source software is that it favors large or established companies.

If money comes from providing services, then you have to have time or staff to provide those services. That either detracts from resources available for writing the software itself, or requires adding more staff.

I don't think it's feasible for every small software developer to follow the RedHat model and fund software development by selling their own Linux distribution.