InterNic Burns Brain Cells

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:3/22/1999; 12:13:26 PM
Topic:InterNic Burns Brain Cells

I had a good reason (that I won't go into, it's boring) for doing a WhoIs lookup at InterNic, of the form:

http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/whois?userland.com

I now get an Access Forbidden message! And it looks like InterNic has completely redone their site.

I'm left bewildered -- the site may have had flaws, but I learned how to use it over time, and now it's changed, and I don't know how to use it. It's as if someone came in, without my knowledge, and upgraded one of my core apps to a new, completely unrecognizable version. I bet I'm not alone in being a little pissed about it.