Re: Technography and dynamic templates

Author:Dave Rogers
Posted:3/24/1999; 3:46:25 AM
Topic:Technography and dynamic templates

Oops, sorry. "ESC" stands for Executive Steering Committee. I sit on one for my command and I facilitate one for a regional association of Navy training commands.

A facilitator is someone who runs the meeting without having a "dog in the fight" so to speak. Someone who keeps us on the agenda, and hopefully keeps things on an even keel so people don't shut down and not play. A technographer is a bit like a technology-enabled facilitator.

A document camera is a video camera mounted on a stalk that peers down at a panel which is illuminated from two sides by lights (think of a hydra growing out of a cutting board and you get the picture) and it is designed to image printed matter and send the video to a TV, LCD projector, or a computer.

I suspect the reason the Justice Department used a document camera instead of merely projecting scanned images, or displaying the actual electronic content of the e-mails in their case, is the court' reliance on "exhibits" which are usually tangible things. I could be wrong, but that's the conclusion I came to.

Dave Rogers