Yet Another Yahoo Authoring Environment

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/24/1999; 7:36:04 AM
Topic:Sneak a peek at the new Frontier site

This page is really a gem of concision (but could be nice to have some links to screenshots too).

Absolutely! I want hundreds of screen shots on this site.

BTW, I'm going to pass this off to Brent at the end of the week, and then it will take at least a month for the site to burn in and get mature. Help us tweak it up, it's very easy to do now. The table of contents is just one big honking outline, btw. Very easy to work with. (That's why the URLs don't have names in them, you're addressing headlines in an outline. The names would have to be synthesized from that. Not impossible, but not done yet.)

If this thing goes as I hope it will, it can become a distributed portal site, connecting up with other Frontier sites, relatively seamlessly as far as a user is concerned. I like to think of it as a Yahoo Authoring Environment, one that gives me the power of the main guy at Yahoo for my little piece of the world. The clever little bit is the induction step, can we distribute that power, on easy to use terms, so that Yahoo can become more of a cacaphony and more accessible. For example, Yahoo doesn't point to Scripting News. Not that I haven't tried to get them to. I've submitted the link a half-dozen times.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Also I mis-spelled Peek earlier. Ooooops.

Dave