Re: URLs as UI revisited

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:3/24/1999; 7:56:50 AM
Topic:Sneak a peek at the new Frontier site

Thanks Steve. I've got the creative-guy jitters right now.

Creative Geeks are a rare breed. Care for them! ;-)

The problem with Jakob's advice, while good, is that it doesn't take into account the development process on a community site like this one. I know I'm breaking the link-rot rule, I just publicized a URL that points into a database that I plan to delete this weekend.

I think Jakob's advice doesn't take into account database-backed websites. Databases don't speak english, they speak math. They can be taught english, but it takes work- work that many of developers won't do because thier $billion valuations won't let them take a breather.

BTW- the outline-to-dotted-id scheme is cool. No, lovely. Technically aesthetic.

--Steve