People/Biographical Services

Author:Bill Humphries
Posted:3/24/1999; 3:25:33 PM
Topic:People/Biographical Services

I'm working on a project where a person could appear in multiple types of articles (reviews, interviews, news) in a variety of roles (star, director, artist, producer.) It make sense to create the sort of glossary subsitution functionality that's available in Frontier. (It's just about my favorite feature of the Web Framework.)

But how to populate the person glossary?

Using the Internet Movie Database, I could use a tool like U Penn's World Wide Web Wrapper Factory: http://db.cis.upenn.edu/cgi-bin/serveXML?SERVICE=IMDB&URL=http://us.imdb.com/Title?Waking+Ned+Devine+(1998), and fetch data.

However, it'd be nice to find a people/celebrity service. I think there's a niche here for someone to fill.