Re: allowing clients to update their sites

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/25/1999; 8:14:35 AM
Topic:allowing clients to update their sites

Well, it looks like this is actually implemented to some extent in the discussion group. This is the first time I've posted a message, so I hadn't run across it, but i'm editing this post as I type. I'll just have to adapt it to static pages in a site, i guess.

Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The DG is the web-based interface into the CMS.

You don't need to know anything about Frontier to edit messages in the DG.

Your CMS running on the same server can pull the text out of the DG (easy to do) and push it thru your templates and render to a static page. That's how I do www.scripting.com home page.

Dave