allowing clients to update their sites

Author:Toni Reiss
Posted:3/25/1999; 7:56:10 AM
Topic:allowing clients to update their sites

I have several clients who would like to be able to update their own sites. Generally, they want to be able to make text changes to currently existing pages. Sometimes they want to add new pages, but that's more rare. Anyway, I need a solution that doesn't require the client to have frontier, or to know anything about it.

I guess Content Server is the closest i can come, but I really want a browser based solution. I would love to give them the url to a "control panel" where they can see the current page and then edit the text below it. But, as I understand it, that requires the user to use Frontier.

I did a search for "console" and "control panel", but I'm still confused as to if this is functionality that already, or will exist within Frontier.

I'd appreciate any ideas or pointers. Has anyone else had such requests?

-Toni

Well, it looks like this is actually implemented to some extent in the discussion group. This is the first time I've posted a message, so I hadn't run across it, but i'm editing this post as I type. I'll just have to adapt it to static pages in a site, i guess.

-T