Getting to top-level topic

Author:Dino Morelli
Posted:3/25/1999; 11:09:59 AM
Topic:Getting to top-level topic

First, I want to say the DG system is terrific. I really like it. It makes sense to me and it's nice and low-tech on the client end.

There's something that keeps recurring for me. A feature that would be helpful:

Suppose I read a post that's at the end (or middle) of a long discussion. So the top-level topic is up there somewhere but someone has changed the Subject along the way. Maybe even several times.

Unless by dumb luck the subject lines are similar in some way, it's impossible for me to quickly get to the top of that particular discussion unless I click "in response to" over and over until I get near the trunk of the tree.

So, how about a link on each post called "top level for this topic" that just navigates you to the root post of the discussion? From there you can see the full reply tree and life is groovy.