Re: Technography Scenario & Implementation Thoughs

Author:Dave Rogers
Posted:3/26/1999; 11:31:26 AM
Topic:[ANN] outline renderer for F6 HTML authoring

From my albeit limited experience in doing this sort of thing in only one room, to be successful, you must make the tech transparent to the participants. Anything else becomes a distraction. To the extent that you must prompt your participants to interact directly with the machine, you've taken them out of the "flow" of the meeting and put them into the "mechanics."

I like the "push" idea, and I mentioned streaming video in another post. I have no idea how feasible that is, but I think the relatively static nature and low color content of an outline offers good potential for high compressiblity, and high resolution. Who really cares how many frames you drop when you're looking at an outline?

But latency is a problem because the technology becomes the focus, specifically the limitations of technology, and not the content of the meeting.