Re: Technography Scenario & Implementation Thoughs

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/26/1999; 9:01:44 AM
Topic:[ANN] outline renderer for F6 HTML authoring

I'm most worried about the latency issue, specifically the reloading time for the browser. For distributed meetings, requiring all Ps to have SuperHonkers for instant loading/rendering is probably not realistic. Requiring the T to have a SuperHonker may be more realistic, although it should be a level of honkerness attainable by a laptop.

Exactly. Your analysis is exactly right. That's why I said Bernie should up his bandwidth both from a CPU and a net-connection level. Latency is going to be the demon here, the deal-killer.

BTW, also assume a voice connection between all the people. Some of the latency issues could be addressed by the technographer saying "OK everyone hit Refresh now and see if this matches what we've been talking about."