Re: Build interfaces with xml: XUL (cnet article)

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:3/27/1999; 7:35:55 AM
Topic:Build interfaces with xml: XUL (cnet article)

I do know that they are working hard to remove all OS dependancies. In fact, that mention of the OS differences shows that you could do an OS detection and serve different XUL files to accomodate differences in OS's.

You _should_ be able to create an app, and have it run on mac, pc, unix, palm OS etc. all by just having a different CSS spec.

If you find things you want/need and dont see - you should post to the xpfe newsgroup! It's not too late to influence design decisions.

But as far as I know, they are really pushing to have xul cross-os.