Re: Web browsers still don't work

Author:Dru Oja Jay
Posted:3/29/1999; 1:13:31 PM
Topic:Build interfaces with xml: XUL (cnet article)

Once the "skins" fad plays out - I imagine seeing some really innovative stuff happening with UI / browser development.

Some ideas: buttons in the UI that show all pages linked to the current page via search engine, translation, bookmarklets, and other demand based, context-sensitive functions. Ones that involve a choice of server, but not a violation of privacy.

Browsers have done nothing in the UI sector for the past four years - look at Netscape 1.0 and find how much of the UI has improved. All that changes is how the slick little buttons change when you put your mouse over them.

And why can't I use spellcheck or thesaurus in text area?

I guess that kind of turned into a rant - sorry 'bout that.

-Dru