Re: Web browsers still don't work

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:3/27/1999; 11:54:38 PM
Topic:Build interfaces with xml: XUL (cnet article)

If you read or check out past postings on the xpfe newsgroup they are talking definitely about not allowing casual mucking with the UI. Definitely not. They would lose business customers if that was the case. But, if you sign your XUL, you will have greater access and part of that access is changing the UI.

What I dont want to happen though is going to far with that too so that some kind of UI is "hard wired" into the browser. Id rather live iwth a little changeability than no changeability.

Just another thought - I can easily see XUL extensions for Dreamweaver or Homesite or another UI authoring tool. I think XUL is really empowering, and not bringing the web into the UI. Once the "skins" fad plays out - I imagine seeing some really innovative stuff happening with UI / browser development.