Re: On-line Outline?

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:3/29/1999; 1:59:40 PM
Topic:On-line Outline?

I hinted at this before, but my general approach is to build a dynamic outline in Javascript that can be progressively added to. The refresh is just of a layer and just of a javascript variable that indicates a lastModified. That value is monitored by another script that will request new content as it is indicated.

The changes are probably stored in a queue (thanks, Seth) in a Frontier table, but the net effect of changes is also put into an outline that can be rendered with anything, e.g. "docRenderer", so the clients can be looking at a dynamic outline and a rendered HTML page with tables, images, etc.

Other tools are also do-able within Javascript.

David