Take it over!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/1/1999; 7:59:37 AM
Topic:An Experiment in On-Line Outlining

I think it's a good idea. I don't do frames. And I'm going on vacation! (Starts Tuesday.) Someone want to work with Bernie on this? He's enthusiastic, cheerful, smart, experienced, all around a lovely human being, but he's not a geek. I published my source code. He's got a server. He's already working with Matt Daw and Jimmi Johnson. This could be a great community project. There's lots of fertile ground here. And it would make me happy if I came back and found a thousand flowers blooming.

(That reminds me of a TV commercial from my childhood. A man in a beautiful oak-paneled study. Soft lighting. The camera slowly approaches the man. He is silent and composed. Announcer says "Mr. Guillermo Buitoni, CEO of our company." The man clears his throat. In a cultured Italian accent he says "If you want me to like you, buy my pizza." Fade out. Corporate logo.)