Re: No Semaphores Rendering and F6

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:4/1/1999; 9:22:26 AM
Topic:Troubleshooting a Nirvana Server installation

I'm just digging into mainResponder on Frontier 6. I'm getting up the learning curve for putting macros in dynamic pages, and I keep getting the "Semaphore timer expired after 3600 sixtieths of a second" error.

(a) Does this tell me I'm doing something specific incorrectly in my page macros

(b) I tried to turn semaphoe-based rendering off, but my user.html.prefs table doesn't have an entry for useSemaphores. Does this indicate that F6/mainResponder now uses no-semaphore rendering by default?

Thanks for any help...

-- Ian