scriptingNews outline for 4/2/99

Author:Dave Winer

Today is Ship Day for Frontier 6.0. No April Fool!

The first step is to upgrade Frontier 5 users. Then, in about a week, we'll start offering F6 through our e-commerce site.

mainResponder is at the core of Frontier 6, server-side.

What is Frontier? (Click on the Next links to step thru the pages.)

DaveNet: Frontier 6.0 Ships.

Right after a new release I like to ask How Are We Doing?

A note about docs. For this release they're more complete than for any previous release. However, there are still holes that must be filled. Brent and Andre will work with users over the next few weeks to add HowTos to the documentation site. Please ask questions on the mail lists or the DG, and they'll get answers on the website asap. We have a good CMS, and the guys know the product, so it's just a matter of (a small amount of) time before the gaps are filled. As always, Still diggin!

Many thanks to the people who helped define and refine the new server features in Frontier 6.

News.com interviews TheGlobe.Com founders Stephan Paternot and Todd Krizelman.

Jamie Zawinski resigns from Netscape and Mozilla.Org, in doing so reveals differences between what Netscape ships and what is open sourced.

Eric Kidd asks if Zawinski quit too soon.

SJ Merc: Mystery surrounds Inprise resignations.