Re: jwz resigns

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:4/2/1999; 6:10:05 PM
Topic:jwz resigns

People need to understand why there is "hype" to understand why Mozilla doesn't work as people had expected.

While many of us refuse to believe there is "real magic", whenever we see someone or some companies do "something" and succeed, we will lose our rational thinking and think that the "only" reason why these people succeed is because of that "something".

In the beginning, we have the word "internet", then "push", then "portal", and now we have "open source". When "Yahoo" and "Netscape" became the superstar of the internet, everyone thought that they could simply attached the word "Net" to their products or companies and made them successful or not. The truth is, it is not true.

The sad thing is, when some of these blind followers fail, people will start to blame on that hype word. "Internet", "Push", "Portal", and "Open source" are just some concepts. Whether they worked or not don't depend on the concepts themselves, but the people who execute them.