Re: Updated My.UserLand.Com

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:4/4/1999; 12:28:47 PM
Topic:Updated My.UserLand.Com

I'm doing a similar thing in the tables that wrap my pages at http://www.best.com/~davep/quotes.html and http://www.best.com/~davep/cdlist.html

I finally decided to just punt and write them in html 4.0, using the and tags (and and , natch). Netscape Communicator 4.5 Mac doesn't render them exactly like I want, but iCab doesn't complain about the html, and IE gets 'em pretty close to what I'd like to see. WebTV doesn't display them with the column widths I ask for, but it's not horribly wrong, either.

I guess my point is that for my stuff, I've decided to move forward to the next standard, and hope the browsers comply.