Re: link to binary...

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:4/4/1999; 12:22:31 PM
Topic:link to binary...

I frequently serve downloadable files (mostly PDF files) from my websites. It would be very convenient if I could pull them into my website GDB, and then have a user download one by clicking on a link to it (constructed via the usual glossary mechanism, or something similar). Currently I put all my non-HTML files in a special "downloads" folder on the server, and I wrote my own macro which constructs the appropriate link. But, I have to refer to the file by its filename and relative path within the downloads folder, and I have to manually keep that folder up-to-date. Medieval.

-- Ian